About the Liquivision X1
The Liquivision X1 represents the cutting edge in technical diving computer technology. It has been called “the iPhone™ of dive computers” for its intuitive tap navigation, readability, compact size and open software platform, which come together to deliver an incredible diving experience. While the X1 is designed for technical divers, it is fully functional as a recreational or nitrox computer and offers the same enhanced diving experience.
To view on YouTube, click here.
7 Reasons to Own an X1
1. READABLE. Perhaps the most noticeable feature on the X1 is the bright and ultra-readable OLED display . In contrast to liquid crystal, an OLED display can be read from any angle, in complete darkness, at all times. As light conditions change, the OLED display brightness can be adjusted while underwater.
2. SMALL. In contrast to other â€śbrickâ€ť style computers, the X1 is very streamlined. Low profile and without edges or angles to snag, the X1 is convenient and easily managed. It is shipped with a depth-compensating strap. A Bungee Mount manufactured by Deep Sea Supply is available separately.
3. ROBUST. The X1 has a hard anodized aluminium case with a highly durable mineral glass screen cover. The need for failure-prone o-rings has been eliminated as all the internals are potted. The potting procedure effectively makes the computer one solid mass which ensures the X1 has no airspace to flood or crush.
4. REDUNDANT. The X1 features two ceramic pressure sensors, for redundancy and safety. Ceramic sensors are also far more robust than industry-standard silicon filled ones.
5. INTUITIVE. The X1 has an intuitive â€śtap interfaceâ€ť based on accelerometer technology. The diver can easily control the X1 whether bare-handed or wearing thick dry gloves with extra liners. Navigating the X1 is extremely easy and efficient. The user gently taps the unit in any of four directions to scroll through the menus and functions. Due to the innovative tap interface, the X1 requires no buttons.
6. CHOICE. The X1 is built with an open software platform that allows the owner to select the software/algorithm s/he wishes to use for dive planning. There are currently three software packages available that can be used for any gas mixture and will work for both Open Circuit and Closed Circuit diving: V-Planner Live, GAP for X1 and MultiDeco-X1. There are no keys to buy or upgrades to make â€“ one download gives the user full functionality.
7. CUSTOMER SERVICE. Liquivision prides itself on superior dealer and customer service, before, during and after the sale. Please visit our Testimonials page to see what customers have to say.
COMPARE. How does the Liquivision X1 compare to the Xeo and Xen? To learn more, please click here.
CCR world record 283m / Dahab /Egipt from Starnawski on Vimeo. Blue Abyss - TKM restriction from Starnawski on Vimeo. The X1 is prettier than a manta from Sock Monkey on Vimeo.
This page requires Adobe Flash Player.
Liquivision X1 Specs
- 128x64 OLED display (Organic LED)
- 180 degree viewing angle
- 2000:1 contrast ratio
- Ultra-bright with giant fonts for easy readability
- Readable in complete darkness
- Hard anodized CNC machined aluminum casing
- Scratch resistant borosilicate glass window
- Two ceramic pressure sensors
- Lithium polymer battery offering up to 20 hours of dive time between charges. The battery never needs to be replaced
- Accelerometer for tap detection
- Buzzer providing audible tap feedback and allowing depth alarms to be set
- Multifunction attachment allowing PC connection via USB cable and charging
- Universal autoswitching AC adapter with international plug adapters -- works in any country and any voltage
- CE certified to 180 meters or 590 feet
- Small size (6.6 x 4.3 x 2.5 cm; 25/8 x 13/4 x 1 inches)
- Patent pending buttonless tap interaction
- Patent pending ceramic pressure sensor technology
- Digital compass
- Dive time in minutes & seconds to 999’59"
- Customizable display modes (font size and brightness)
- Dive profile graph viewable directly on the unit
- Large dive log memory
- Fast sampling & refresh rate (4Hz)
- Temperature measurement
- Multiple decompression algorithms available via third-party software packages (VPM-B, VPM-B/E, VPM-FBO and Buhlmann-GF)
Common Questions and ConcernsQ: What if I accidentally bump the X1 and it changes menus?
A: The X1 has several settings for tap sensitivity â€“ from soft to hard. Additionally, the user can change the number of taps required to access the menus from three to five taps. So in essence, the range is from three soft taps to five hard taps.Q: Can I read the X1 in a silt-out?
A: Yes, the X1 can still be read in a silt-out situation because of the unique OLED display. Torch-light reflecting off silt particles is what makes a liquid crystal display appear unreadable. To read your X1 in a total silt-out, turn your torch away from the unit. The OLED display will be readable because it is emitting light towards you.Q: Do I have to buy PINs to access increased functionality?
A: No, all our software providers offer full functionality with a single purchase and download, including open or closed circuit functionality, air, nitrox and trimix, dive profile downloading, etc... There are periodic updates to the software, but they can be downloaded for free.Q: What maintenance does the X1 require?
A: Not much. Give it a fresh-water rinse when you’re done diving, and put it on the charger. That’s about it.Q: Does the screen bleach-out when viewed at an angle?
A: No, the OLED display is perfectly readable at any angle.
To order a Liquivision X1 dive computer, please contact your local Liquivision dealer.
We also require that you visit the X1 Manual and Legal page before purchasing.